Plants can use phosphorus only in soluble phosphate form. Phosphorus absorption by active roots only takes place through the complexation of soluble phosphate with the organic compounds that the rhizo-sphere is rich in. In the presence of calcium carbonates and basic soils, soluble phosphates are quickly (few weeks) “retrograded” into inert forms for vegetable nutrition.
Phosphorus complexation with AGROGEL® has useful effects targeted to:
- slowing down insolubilization;
- blocking bond-formation between phosphorus and calcium (retrogradation);
- maintaining phosphorus in an organic complex already adapted to the rhizosphere.
The advantages of complexed AGROGEL® phosphate are appreciable in all cultivation environments:
- maintains phosphorus in an available form for much longer periods of time than traditional phosphate fertilizers;
- increases the nutritional efficiency of phosphorus as plants double their ability to ab-sorb phosphorus from the fertilizer.
The benefits in comparison to traditional phosphate minerals:
- greater “push” at the germination stage;
- quick release of the root apparatus, also during transplants;
- better tillering of graminaceous plants;
- improved preparation for the germination stage;
- optimal development at the flowering and fruit set stages;
- quantity and quality of yeld.